Apple Dessert Recipes to Fall For
It is only August, but we have picked our first apple of the season and now I have all of the symptoms of seasonal obsession. I MUST MAKE ALL OF THE YUMMY APPLE THINGS!
If you too suffer from seasonal apple obsession, you are going to adore these tips for picking the best apples and these awesome apple recipes I am crushing on this year.
Tips for Picking the Best Apples
- Pick apples from the outside of the tree first, as these will be the ripest.
- Select apples that are firm to the touch.
- Fragrant apples are also a good sign of freshness.
- Avoid bruises, nicks and apples that have fallen to the ground, as these may have insects feasting inside!
- If an apple isn't quite ripe, it won't ripen more after picking.
Now that you know what to look for in apples as you are picking them, let's get on to more important matters, what to make with these lovely apples!
Crockpot Baked Apples This is perfect for dessert on crazy busy days.
If you need more apple recipes, you will want to check out these yummy apples for dinner options!