I am so excited to decorate my trees this year! I have already been playing around with some cute handmade ornament ideas!
Today I have a really economical and adorable DIY ornament that I know you are going to want to make! It costs just about $2 to make a dozen of these! They come together so easily that making a dozen is no problem at all!
These are cute for decorating a tree, or adding a little something to a wrapped gift!
To make these ribbon tree ornaments I used:
- A spool of ribbon I bought at Walmart for 97 cents
- Chunky Craft Sticks
- Begin by laying 4 craft sticks together, draw the outline of a tree on them.
- Cut the sticks to shape the tree.
- Cut the tiny top triangle from the scraps to avoid wasting a whole craft stick!
- Cut small bits of ribbon to cover the tree shapes. Glue them on and trim.
- Now glue the ribbon covered craft sticks onto one more craft stick.
- After gluing all the sections on to the base craft stick, flip it over and add a small loop of ribbon so that you can hang it!
This is a fun project to do with the older kids, and these are really pretty lovely in their simplicity! I have a short video of the process to share with you. I would love it if you gave it a thumbs up!
I can't wait to hear what you have planned for holiday crafting!